Senior Policy Executive
We are a long-established trade association that sets the bar for advocacy and promotion of the blockchain and digital ledger technology industry. As the world’s largest trade association representing the blockchain industry, our mission is to promote the acceptance and use of digital assets and blockchain-based technologies. Through education, advocacy, and working closely with public policymakers, regulatory agencies, and industry, our goal is to develop a pro-growth legal environment that fosters innovation, job creation, and investment. Our work spans almost every facet of the legal and policy arena, and we create effective strategies and outcomes that help drive industry forward. For more information, please visit www.digitalchamber.org.
Overview: The Chamber of Digital Commerce is looking for a senior executive to join its policy team, responsible for developing and implementing policy initiatives of the Chamber to achieve important outcomes. The policy team works to ensure that policy makers are well-informed about the benefits and uses of blockchain technology and digital assets, prevent overly burdensome regulation of these technologies, establish clear regulatory guidelines where appropriate, and promote the adoption of blockchain technology among policy makers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of Chamber’s leadership team directly engaged in organization-wide operations, including strategic planning and other opportunities to achieve the Chamber’s mission.
- Serve as a senior adviser on the public policy team and to the Chief Policy Officer, providing thought leadership and research on select topics to the policy team, the Chamber, and its members. Analyze significant policy developments in real time and develop thought leadership strategies.
- Oversee the strategy and management of select Chamber working groups and initiatives, including liaising with Chamber Members to craft policy positions and advocacy strategies, hosting meetings and briefings for Chamber Members, and leading meetings with government officials.
- Manage projects to produce meaningful results in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Chamber Member companies in developing and implementing policy and advocacy campaigns.
- Communicate with the leadership team on the status of projects and solicit their advice and participation in helping leverage the work of the team for maximum impact.
- Conduct outreach with government officials and policy stakeholders to advance the Chamber’s mission.
- Provide research, analysis, and draft responses to a range of policy issues impacting Chamber members.
- Prepare reports for quarterly membership meetings or special meetings designated by the leadership team.
- Represent the Chamber periodically in public speaking engagements and be a resource
for the Chamber’s communications team in responding to media inquiries.
- Experience. Legal experience preferred. Or at least 7 years of commensurate professional experience required.
- Areas of Focus. The ideal candidate will have experience in SEC, CFTC, or other specific regulatory regime impacting digital assets and the blockchain industry.
- Policy/Advocacy Experience. Major plus if you have advocated on behalf of the blockchain or financial services industries.
- Strong writing and speaking skills. Strong writing and analytical skills required. The chosen candidate will routinely write reports, memos, articles, blogs, and correspondence. Public speaking experience preferred.
- Industry Expertise. Must have a strong understanding of digital assets and blockchain technology and the policy issues impacting the growth of the industry.
- Excited about Start-ups. As a start-up non-profit, each team member plays an important role in supporting the overall operations of the Chamber. The chosen candidate must have a can-do attitude and ability to thrive in a start-up culture and work environment.
- Must be a proactive self-starter, detail-oriented, and have the ability to work independently and remotely.
Title & Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Our benefits program includes healthcare, dental, vision, flexible holidays and vacations, 401K plan and a performance bonus program.
Apply: To apply for this position, please submit resume to email@example.com.
BE PART OF A UNIFIED VOICE FOR THE BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY ECOSYSTEM
BE PART OF THE UNIFIED VOICE FOR THE BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY ECOSYSTEM