Associate Policy Counsel
Job Title: Associate Policy Counsel
Salary: (Negotiable) Please submit salary requirements
Job Description: The associate policy counsel is part of the policy team at the Chamber and is responsible for monitoring and assessing the legal and regulatory landscape affecting blockchain and digital assets, educating our members on developments that could impact their businesses, and serving as a dedicated resource to the Chamber and General Counsel and Global Policy Director on all issues regarding blockchain. The Chamber’s objective is to ensure that policy makers are well-informed about the benefits and uses of blockchain and digital assets, prevent overly burdensome regulation of these technologies, establish clear regulatory guidelines where appropriate, and promote the adoption of blockchain in Washington, DC and beyond. The successful candidate should have strong writing skills, be a proactive self-starter and analytic thinker, and have enthusiasm for the potential of blockchain technology. A juris doctor degree, or experience on the Hill or in relevant federal agencies, is required. This role is full-time and based in Washington, DC.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Report to the Global Policy Director and General Counsel
- Manage the Chamber’s policy working groups; work with the working group chairs to develop a plan for each working group, including objectives, major tasks, and deliverables; and develop and distribute agendas and minutes for each meeting.
- Assist the Global Policy Director with legal and policy campaigns
- Monitor legal and policy updates globally
- Analyze significant policy developments in real time and disseminate information to members in a timely manor
- Conduct outreach at both the state and federal level
- The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of the global policy landscape concerning digital currencies and blockchain technology
About the Chamber of Digital Commerce:
The Chamber of Digital Commerce is the world’s largest trade association representing the blockchain industry. Our mission is to promote the acceptance and use of digital assets and blockchain-based technologies. Through education, advocacy and working closely with public policy makers, regulatory agencies, and industry, our goal is to develop and pro-growth legal environment that fosters innovation, jobs, and investment.