Chamber of Digital Commerce
Job Title: Marketing Associate
Job Description: The Marketing Associate is responsible for both planning and execution of marketing communications campaigns to help the Chamber of Digital Commerce meet its strategic objectives. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in public relations and/ or conference and event planning, working for a PR agency, technology start-up or nonprofit organization. Must be a proactive self-starter, extremely detail-oriented, and have a strong interest in digital currencies and blockchain technology. S/he will have a “can-do” attitude and will be highly organized and self-motivated. This position is full-time and based in Washington, D.C.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience working in a public relations or marketing agency.
- Strong ability to collaborate, multi-task and problem solve.
- Solid writing skills, attention to detail, ability to collaborate with all departments in the organization.
- Interest in blockchain technology and digital assets.
- A professional and friendly demeanor
- Assists in the development, implementation and administration of PR and marketing plans and ideas in presentation development.
- Tracks and helps drive completion of key deliverables and follows up on outstanding items.
- Works closely with Marketing Director in the execution of speaking and events calendar, tracks deliverables and develops content; prepares senior level executives for each engagement.
- Assists with managing Chamber events such as the annual DC Blockchain Summit, a major focus of the organization.
- Participates in the quality control review of marketing materials for completeness and correctness ensuring consistency in branding, format and content.
- Track media trade and sponsor agreements to ensure fulfillment.
- Manages and schedules marketing team meetings.
- Responsible for interacting and coordinating with multiple departments, managing events, event marketing, PR planning, and coordinating marketing and promotion activities.
- Assists in the development and execution of strategic PR plans.
- Researches, writes and distributes press releases to targeted media under supervision of the Marketing Director.
- Collates and analyzes media coverage and shares with Chamber staff as it arises.
- Maintain email lists for internal and external communications.
- Tracks and assists with travel expenses on behalf of the Marketing Director (limited).
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field.
- Minimum 3-4 years previous work experience in the marketing field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project) and Adobe (InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat).
- Ability to interpret organizational goals and business plans and translate them into marketing tools.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as with key internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and integrate project segments.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to problem solve.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration.
About the Chamber of Digital Commerce: The Chamber of Digital Commerce is the world’s largest trade association representing the blockchain industry. Our mission is to promote the acceptance and use of digital assets and blockchain-based technologies. Our membership consists of the world’s leading innovators, operators and investors in the digital asset and blockchain technology ecosystem, including start-ups, software companies, global IT consultancies, financial institutions, investment firms and law firms.