COMBATING CRIMINAL ACTIVITY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
The Blockchain Alliance is the public-private forum that enables the blockchain community and law enforcement to work together to help combat criminal activity. It is comprised of 20+ state, federal and international law enforcement agencies. The Blockchain Alliance serves as a resource for law enforcement and regulatory agencies by providing educational, technical assistance and periodic informational sessions regarding the use of blockchain-based technologies.
The Blockchain Alliance serves as a critical step for protecting public safety by combating criminal activity on the blockchain – and it is also a critical step for the growth of the blockchain industry. The Blockchain Alliance promotes an approach to enforcement and regulation that does not stifle innovation. The group aims to address misperceptions about blockchain technology, as well as bitcoin and other digital currencies, by highlighting the industry’s good-faith efforts to cooperate with investigations.
- Blockchain Alliance website
- Ransomware: Learn how to protect yourself (FBI)
- Blockchain Alliance: Committed to Protect Against Criminal Activity (Infographic)
- Press Release: Alliance to Combat Criminal Activity on the Blockchain
- Blockchain Alliance to Aide US Digital Currency Investigations (Reuters)
The Chamber and its' members are actively involved in a number of initiatives across the blockchain ecosystem.
Click on each logo to learn more.